Friday, July 4, 2014

I got several problems like this in the last days. They always diapear when I removed all tags from


Hey, Ive been reading through w3c your forums, and you guys seem to be very knoledgeable about all things audio, so I was wondering if you could help poor little me. Basicaly im having a problen converting FLAC files to Apple Lossless (ALAC) format to put on my new IPod. I have 140 gig or so ripped in flac, and even though i have almost all of that music on CD, I realy can't be arsed to spend the large amount of time it would take to individualy rip each CD a second time into ITunes if i can avoid it. So far, with complete credit to you guys, I've been able to find out that with Foobar2000 together with ITunesencode.exe you can convert files suported by Foobar to useable ALAC files. The problem is i cant! At the end of the first file I get an error saying :Error w3c flushing file (unrecognised file format or corrupt file) I get a similar message when trying to play a known good ALAC file in foobar Im guessing Foobar is trying to read the file after ITunes has created it, and is unable to decode it. I don't understand why this is happening, because w3c from reading posts around the place Foobar should be able to read these files, and there are many people that say they have no problems using Foobar to convert to ALAC. what I am useing is Foobar2000 (0.9.4.1) together with Itunesencode.exe set up as so: external encoder: Itunesencode.exe Codec type: lossless Parameter string : -e "Lossless Encoder" -a "%artist%" -l "%album%" w3c -t "%title%" -g "%genre%" -y %date% -n %tracknumber% -d -i %s -o %d I have tryed using Foobar to encode AAC using pretty much the same thing: external encoder: Itunesencode.exe Codec type: lossy Parameter string : -e "AAC Encoder" -a "%artist%" -l "%album%" -t "%title%" -g "%genre%" -y %date% -n %tracknumber% -d -i %s -o %d Bitrate: 128kbs and it has worked fine. I have no idea why lossless won't work for me. I noticed some people have instructed to download the a beta version of foobar, but as there are no betas listed on www.foobar2000.org, i asume it has gone past beta stage now. Any help would be so much appreciated! Cheers, donkeytits
Why not use dbPowerAmp and use the new non-Apple ALAC encoder, its much faster on my system than using ItunesEncode. http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?p=50839#post50839 --------------------
Hey worked out the problem. Didn't know bout the plugin disregard this topic What plugin is needed? I'm having the same courrupted file problems when converting FLAC --> ALAC using Foobar/iTunesEncode. I'd appreciate any help for this problem. Thanks.
Similar problem here: "Error flushing file (unrecognised file format w3c or corrupt file)" when trying to convert single file ape into multiple w3c file flac with the help of a cue sheet. The error message does not always pop up with the first song converted, sometimes its the second or third. I haven't figured out what drives this difference. Error occurs independent of flac quality setting. Source and target are on the same drive, though: I have yet to test whether this makes a difference. I use fb 9.4.1 and foo_input_monkey.dll 2.1.1 Any hints or similar observations?
Do you have a hyperthreading CPU? If so, try going into the Windows Task Manager "Processes" list, right-clicking foobar2000.exe, and setting the affinity to CPU 0 alone. That did the trick for me. --Paul Curtis
I got several problems like this in the last days. They always diapear when I removed all tags from the APE input . What I suggest is: - make a copy of your ape file and keep it - erase all tags from your ape file - start the conversion again If it works, then you can delete both ape files; if it doesn't, just keep your copy.
I had the same "Corrupted File" error as the original poster. You need to have the ALAC component plugin (link available from www.foobar2000.org) installed to get rid of the error. It seems that after the conversion by iTunes, foobar needs to tag the file with the correct song info, thus it tries to open the file, and if you don't have the decoder, w3c it gives the error. w3c For single file ape and flac files -> separated files of any formats, or even just plain playing, I have the same problems as ElFishi. It seems like a bug introduced in foobar 0.9, 'cause I didn't w3c have the prob with 0.8.
Forum Home Search Help Hydrogenaudio Forum   |-- General Audio   |-- Validated News   |-- News Submissions   |-- Polls   |-- Site Related Discussion   |-- Listening Tests   |-- Scientific Discussion   |-- Uploads Knowledgebase Project   |-- Wiki Discussion Lossy Audio Compression w3c   |-- AAC   |---- AAC - General   |---- AAC - Tech  

No comments:

Post a Comment