Sunday, June 22, 2014

Badger in Code


After I spent the summer with little Welsh, suddenly desert after August, it's all happening at the same time. So, I have to follow the advice of a friend and choose what I want to do and can do really. Mold Wednesday afternoon I went to the first lecture in the series 'Wales Today and Yesterday'. The Tecwyn Vaughan Jones, a lecturer at Bangor University to tutor us. The afternoon was very interesting and explained the structure of the course and we started with Welsh icons, or what is to remind everyone of Wales - things like choirs, poets, national dress, etc.. He had a list of ideas he received movie maker from his overseas students who are quite young people, or younger than us anyway. Then, we had ideas of what we were looking at is Welsh icons. The Straits bridge was my suggestion, Neil suggested Welsh dresser movie maker and the conversation went on like this for 10 minutes. movie maker One of Blaenau Ffestiniog is Tecwyn, but even though he has apologized for his accent, I do not have too much trouble in trying to understand, thankfully. Sometimes I went missing for a while, but I understood most of what he said. I came home with a registration form and filled immediately ready for next week. Nor do I have to pay the full price because I am a pensioner so the price of the course is very reasonable at 35. On Thursday night, four friends and I went to join the Women's Institute, Wrexham movie maker after attending two meetings in the spring and safe trip in May. The evening was excellent. We had a concert by women Hedd, Wrexham Library Manager. They have beautiful voices and in addition to this one, Manon plays the harp and the other, Lleuwen playing the flute. We had a feast of music they want now. And because there are 11 new members, 5 of us are learners and others come from the Sea (I think) the committee has provided us extremely good buffet instead of the usual coffee and a biscuit. I arrived home at 10.15 and went to bed early because I have to get up early to start the journey to Derby by train to attend the one-day course there.
Corndolly Wrexham, Wales, United Kingdom Welsh Learner. Alan Married, one son, two dogs and one cat. I am living in Wales on the border movie maker with England. I'm very fond of learning Welsh, reading books in Welsh and Welsh speaking sessions to go, to make Grade I finished at the University Wrexham - Welsh Translation movie maker and I did graduate in October last year. Now, I work as a tutor Welsh. View my complete profile
2011 (13) October (1) August (1) July (1) June (1) May (3) April (2) March (3) February (1) 2010 (36) January (1) January (2) October (3) Day Course in Derby - Part 2 I am off to Derby - part 1 - Amber Hills Time bustling September movie maker (2) August movie maker (4) July (2 ) June (4) May (7) April (2) March (6) February (2) January (1) 2009 (54) December (2) January (1) October movie maker (4 ) October (5) August (4) July (8) June (5) May (7) April (5) December (5) February (5) January (3) 2008 (45 ) January (1) January (5) October (4) October (10) August (10) July (15)
1 day ago
Badger in Code


No comments:

Post a Comment